Across the Distance

Across the Distance
"Sometimes the person you're looking for is right in front of you the whole time."

About Me

My photo
Unique, different, and relentless. That's how I can describe about me. Creativity that's limitless and knows no boundaries. I'm simply a song once-in-a-lifetime in the making. No replay button. I'm simply a somebody who wants to be acknowledged.

Friday, August 26, 2011

Who's Going to Be There?

I was driving from work and I know it's a short drive home, but it's amazing how thinking can actually make time moves slower. And it's even more amazing what one memory and one look can make you think about. I looked at the empty car seat beside me and I smiled. (I don't know if it was a sad smile or a smile that you showed when you remembered something good... Maybe both...)


This memory that I made in the past two months... It went by too fast. I learned a lot of things in just two months, and it probably opened a side of me that I've been curious about for a couple months. Maybe one thought that will stick to me for awhile will be: There's no such thing as false hope, only a hope unfulfilled. And in my days when I feel giving up, another thought will keep me going: I've waited too long to give up now that the only thing I know what to do is to wait.


Continuing on with the thoughts I had in the car when I looked at the empty passenger seat... Somehow I saw a shadow of her. (Gasp... I'm high!). And there I was, feeling like I'm in a movie that i don't know about. I started thinking about who's going to be there when she leaves?


Who's going to sing at the same time as me?
Who's going to go to the wanna-be shark park with me?
Who's going to spend my days off with me?
Who's going to sit there and smile for no reason?
Who am I going to text "good morning" as soon as I woke up?
Etc...


I can go on forever about this... But I think you get the point. I'll miss this girl... I truly will. Two years can't come any faster... But I guess this will all make it worth it when I do see her again. Until then... I leave it in God's hands. I pray that she'll be fine with the things back in her place. God decides everything and whatever happens... Happens, but that doesn't mean I'm giving up.

No comments:

Post a Comment