Across the Distance

Across the Distance
"Sometimes the person you're looking for is right in front of you the whole time."

About Me

My photo
Unique, different, and relentless. That's how I can describe about me. Creativity that's limitless and knows no boundaries. I'm simply a song once-in-a-lifetime in the making. No replay button. I'm simply a somebody who wants to be acknowledged.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

An Inevitable Goodbye

I know it was going to happen. I even know the date, but for that moment I don't care and wish time never exists at all. She's been here for a month and she's leaving in two weeks. Key word: Leaving. And the worst part is that I won't be able to see her until the day she leaves and I'll probably be seeing her at the airport waving goodbye to her. My summer officially started when she came here and now it's coming to an end with her leaving this country.

It's weird now cause she's been the one thing I look forward to during my days off. And also knowing that during my Skype sessions with her here, I know she's only an hour away. And in two weeks, my next Skype session with her would be seeing her face knowing that there are thousands of miles setting us apart. One thing for sure, my days off would be less lively I guess.

It has been a dream come true to just hanging out with her. The first friend from my old school in Indonesia! And it's been the best summer of my life. The memories I made with her is probably not even important, but I remember every tiny details, just because she's part of it. I'm trying to make as much memories so there would be less regret, cause no matter what there will always be regrets. I'm just trying to make it less regretful I guess? Sigh... This blog is making me sound so pathetic, but I just don't want to say goodbye. It was hard enough to let go of that hand, since I know the moment I let go of that hand will probably be the last time I'll be holding that hand, but hey... the waiting was worth it. My summer is summed up with just one night. And it didn't disappoint.

So... I guess it's another waiting game for me and maybe for her. So for now... I'll let myself sink into the reality that she's leaving and just prepare myself to say that inevitable goodbye that I'm really dreading.

No comments:

Post a Comment