Across the Distance

Across the Distance
"Sometimes the person you're looking for is right in front of you the whole time."

About Me

My photo
Unique, different, and relentless. That's how I can describe about me. Creativity that's limitless and knows no boundaries. I'm simply a song once-in-a-lifetime in the making. No replay button. I'm simply a somebody who wants to be acknowledged.

Saturday, September 24, 2011

Familiar Territory, Unfamiliar Feeling

There I was, standing at the familiar spot where I made good memories during the summer. A familiar place, except that the feeling was totally different.

I went to Garden Grove with my parents to visit someone, except that I drove there with a different car. On the way home I decided to stop by at a specific park. It's past the park's curfew so the lights were off, but I decided to get down anyway just to walk around. It was... weird. I'm not sad, yet I wasn't happy. It's just... a blank emotion? But one thing for sure is that it wasn't the usual feeling like before.

It's weird enough that I go to Garden Grove. I don't know what made me go there other than visiting a family's acquaintance. The visit was brief and I'm going off-topic... Anyway... So where were we? Oh yeah... Something about blank emotion. I admit I'm an emotional guy and sometimes can be seen as depressing, but emotions define me and even though I'd like to think myself as a person who can hide their emotions well... Well... I don't.

As usual... I like to overanalyze (overfeel?) things. And the drive home was like how I usually do when she was here. All alone, blasting some dubstep so I don't fall asleep (My energy drinks didn't work), and texting her. Yeah... The last part was definitely not there. So I guess that's what made it weird. It's been what? Almost a month since she left? Felt like forever though. Visiting Garden Grove just made it even harder for me to realize that she's really not here anymore.

Wonder if she feels the same way...

No comments:

Post a Comment