Across the Distance

Across the Distance
"Sometimes the person you're looking for is right in front of you the whole time."

About Me

My photo
Unique, different, and relentless. That's how I can describe about me. Creativity that's limitless and knows no boundaries. I'm simply a song once-in-a-lifetime in the making. No replay button. I'm simply a somebody who wants to be acknowledged.

Thursday, July 7, 2011

Someone I Wish I Never Met

You know that one person that you wish you never met? I don't mean in a bad way. But it's that one person who you wish you never met, cause you just can't stop thinking about them and you wish that you can just stop thinking about them. That one person who gives you that lovey-dovey feeling and makes you feel like your heart is about to stop. Yeah... They're also the one that never noticed you.

Or worse... That one person is your best frigging friend! (Oh the sleepless nights!)

It's easier if you barely know them at all, because sooner or later you start to drift apart and you began to realize that the feeling that you had was the "in the moment" feeling and no matter how genuine the feelings are, sometimes it just doesn't last that long.

It's a different story when the person that gave you that feelings are the one that you see almost everyday. Or maybe just a person who you knew for a long time.

Crossing the line of friendship and hoping that it'll lead somewhere.
If you're this type of person... I applaud you, but I'm not this kind of person. Call me a coward or what-not, but I simply value friendship over relationship. I don't know if it's the right thing to do, but it's the safest thing to do. Losing a lover is painful, but losing a best friend is like severing part of your body.

I thought this kind of bestfriend-lover thing would never happen to me, but man... Life slapped me in the face... Like a good slap. Like a girl-got-insulted-and-ruined-her-day-and-she-cried-in-the-movie type of slap. The person who I thought I would never fall for is actually giving me second thoughts... Making me wonder if I fell for the wrong girl.

"Cause I swear I never had these butterflies
I swear those eyes weren't shining bright last night
I'm just seeing you in a light before unseen."
(Song in the making by yours truly)

The best I can do is simply wait and see if the feeling is really genuine. For now I don't know what to do, but if it's meant to be... Then something will happen. But for now I just wish I never met her as a friend, cause now... I'm torn whether to cross that line of friendship. As time goes by the feeling will either get stronger or weaker... And I'm not sure where I want it to lean to...

No comments:

Post a Comment